Pesto Ricotta Pizza with Potatoes, Leek, Red Onion and Fig flavoured Balsamic Cream. Pesto and ricotta make the perfect creamy base for your pizza and can also be used as a dip or a meat sauce.
The pesto sauce gives a salty touch and the leeks add to the sweetness, while the potatoes balance out the sweet-savory combination. Top with baby arugula and drizzle with some balsamic cream, regular will do if you don’t have fig flavoured.
This is a very interesting combination of savoury and sweet ingredients on thin crust pizza, covered in creamy aromatic pesto sauce.
- 1 pizza base, see recipe here
- 3tsp pesto sauce, see recipe here
- 3tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1,5tbsp olive oil
- 2 baby potatoes, thinly sliced with the skin
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 leek, thinly sliced
- 70gr. pecorino cheese
- 1/2 mozzarella di bufala
- a handful of baby arugula leaves
- Fig flavoured balsamic cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven on maximum heat for about 30 minutes. Place the pizza stone on the bottom of the oven, if you’re using one.
- In a small bowl mix the pesto sauce, the ricotta and the olive oil. Season with some pepper.
- Roll out the pizza base and spread the pesto sauce evenly.
- Cover the sauce with a layer of potatoes and top the pizza with the onions and leek. Spread the pecorino cheese.
- Bake the pizza placing the tray directly on the bottom of the oven and bake for about 7-8 minutes.
- Two minutes before it’s baked, shred the mozzarella with your hands and add it to the pizza.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, let it rest for 2 minutes and top it up with arugula leaves and drizzle some balsamic cream.
For more pizza inspiration, check the links below:
- Thin crust pizza with poached eggs.
- Pesto pizza with porcini and haloumi cheese.
- Figs and prosciutto pizza.
- Pizza margherita.
- Squash blossom pizza.
Pesto Ricotta Pizza with Potatoes, Leek, Red Onion and Fig flavoured Balsamic Cream