Prosciutto rolls – Arugula, freshly grated parmesan, toasted pine nuts, all wrapped in thick prosciutto slices and drizzled with truffle oil. Such a classic combination, usually seen in salads but here, presented as wraps, these bite sized appetisers are packed in flavour.
Pair this dish with a glass of good white wine and some grapes or serve it as an appetiser at the dinner table.
For more prosciutto recipes, check out the links below:
- Prosciutto wrapped asparagus with mozzarella.
- Figs and prosciutto pizza.
- Prosciutto parmesan risotto.
- Prosciutto crostini.
- Thin crust pizza with poached eggs and prosciutto.
- Eggs Benedict with beer crumpets.
- Prosciutto cups.
Ingredients (makes 6 rolls)
- 6 thick slices of prosciutto
- Parmesan flakes
- Arugula leaves
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil and Truffle oil
- On the one side of each slice of prosciutto, place 5-6 arugula leaves, 2-3 parmesan flakes, 5-6 pine nuts and some pepper.
- Carefully roll the prosciutto.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with some drops of truffle oil, depending on how strong you want the truffle to taste.
- Pour the oil over the rolls to liking and serve.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate the rolls and drizzle with the oil right before serving.
Reblogged this on My Easy Gourmet.
I have seen this type of appetizer cooked to a crisp. I think I would prefer them as your have prepared here. Beautiful photography.
Thank you 🙂