Healthy Matcha – Blueberry Cake. So yes, it was about time we made a matcha cake, but how can you not add some berries to it? The combination is mouthwatering and makes perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea, all-day-guilt free-pleasure!
Matcha tea has an intense flavour, just a tablespoon is enough for one loaf, but of course, that’s up to you. Many ways to add the berries, either stir in some to the batter and top with a few more, or add them on the top or just stir them all inside and bake! This time I decorated the top of the batter with the lovely berries and let the batter half-cover them while baking.
If you check the cakes on this blog, I usually follow one cake recipe and adjust it accordingly, depending on the theme ingredient. Yes, it’s mom’s recipe, it’s always a winner and makes either one loaf or 12 cupcakes-muffins! Lately I enjoy replacing the milk with vanilla flavoured soya milk but of course, you can always use fresh milk. Find the basic cake-recipe here: Royal Blue Cake
- 250gr. self-rising flour, or all purpose flour plus 1tsp baking soda and 1tsp baking powder
- 120gr. butter, room temp.
- 120ml. milk
- 200gr. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/3 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp matcha tea powder
- 80gr. blueberries
- Preheat the oven, air 160°C.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the milk, the matcha tea and the vanilla powder.
- Add the flour gradually.
- Pour the batter into a cake form and add the berries.
- Bake for about 40 minutes – check with a toothpick.
Looking for more cake-inspiration? Check the recipes below:
- Santa cupcakes
- Ferrero Rocher Muffins
- Layered Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting
- Lemon poppy seed muffins poked with blueberry jam
- Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins with Salted Caramel
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
- Red velvet Cupcakes
- Choco-orange Cupcakes
- Lime Cupcakes
Healthy Matcha – Blueberry Cake