for the cakes
- 250gr. self-rising flour
- 125gr. butter, room temp.
- 120ml. milk
- 200gr. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 60gr. white chocolate chips
for the frosting
- 100gr. butter
- 200gr. cream cheese
- 300gr. icing sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract or 1/3 vanilla pod
- zest of one orange
- 1,5 tbsp ginger powder
- Preheat the oven, air 170 °C.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the milk, cacao powder and orange juice.
- Add the flour gradually.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full and bake for 18–20 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center of a cupcake. If it comes out clean, your cupcakes are ready.
- Wait til they cool down before decorating with the frosting.
- Mix the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Add the vanilla (extract or seeds), ginger and orange zest.
- Add the icing sugar gradually.
- Store in the refrigerator until the cupcakes cool down.