Best ever pancake recipe for an epic homemade brunch: It’s time to impress your guests! We all agree that there’s no brunch without eggs and pancakes, right? So here we are to cover the latter with a simple recipe you can use as a base and experiment with adding different sauces or jams, either in the batter or of course, to top your pancake stack.
Though most basic pancake recipes call for milk or water, I like adding some Greek style yogurt along with the milk, as it makes the batter AND pancakes much thicker. For a fluffy result you can always follow this trick: Egg whites! Beat them well to an airy meringue and gently fold it in the batter. Another alternative you can try is replacing the all purpose flour with cake flour, which already contains baking powder and baking soda – so no need to add any extra.
Another useful tip is to heat up your oven for about ten minutes and store your pancakes so that you store them in and keep them warm until you’re ready to serve.
Now, the following recipe works for sweet toppings, but if you’re in for the savoury option, with a few adjustments the recipe works great: reduce the sugar to a pinch, add some more salt and skip the vanilla extract. Good luck and enjoy!
- 130gr. all purpose flour
- 110gr. milk
- 2tbsp greek style yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tbsp butter – optional
- 1,5tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven, air 100ºC.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt.
- Add the egg, melted butter, milk and whisk.
- Grease a nonstick pan with butter on medium heat and spread a ladle of the pancake batter. Once golden on both sides, your pancake is ready.
- Line the pancakes on a baking paper in the oven to keep warm while making the rest of them.
Best ever pancake recipe for an epic homemade brunch