- 200gr. spinach
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 4 strips smoked bacon
- 1/2 onion
- 100gr. anthotyro cheese (or ricotta), crumbled
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
For the Dressing mix together:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp bacon fat from the skillet
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the spinach and dry with a kitchen towel.
- Cut the bacon in small pieces, bring a skillet to medium-high heat and fry the bacon till it gets brown and crispy.
- Set the bacon aside on kitchen paper and preserve 1 tablespoon of the fat for the dressing.
- Thin slice the onion, heat up a small skillet, cook the onion with the sugar and stir well till the sugar melts.
- In a larger bowl, add all the ingredients and the dressing and mix well with your hands.
- Serve in a large plate – bowl.
Spinach Salad with Bacon Dressing