On a playful mood, here’s a yummy BLT quiche, where the L stands for leek instead of lettuce. Enjoy!
- 1 pie crust, see here
- 5 thick slices of bacon, diced (about 280gr.)
- 1 large leek
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, cut in small pieces
- 450gr. heavy cream
- 150gr. cheddar (enough to cover the pie, plus more to taste)
- 3 large eggs
- 1tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven, air 180°C.
- Place the dough in the pan, trim excess from the rim (2cm. above the pan) and form it with your fingers (see picture on the slideshow). Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake the dough for 30 minutes. Use pie weights or beans to weight down the dough.
- In a medium sized pan melt the butter (medium heat), add the bacon and the leek and sauté for about 10 minutes, till the bacon gets crispy and the leek softens. Set aside and let them cool down.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and the cream using a hand mixer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the bacon, leek and sun-dried tomatoes on the crust evenly, pour the egg-cream mixture and bake for another 15 minutes, till the crust is golden.
I love quiche! The sun-dried must add great flavor and color.
I love the name you gave it! 🙂