This is a very easy to make tomato pasta sauce with simple ingredients, yet, the best I’ve tried so far.
- 200gr. tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 80gr. dry white wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, oregano, fresh basil leaves, cut in small pieces
- pinch of sugar
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan.
- Sizzle the onion and when it softens add the garlic and sizzle for a few more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, mix well and pour the wine. Lower the heat and wait till it evaporates.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt pepper and sugar and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until the texture is thick.
- A few minutes before the sauce is ready add the oregano and the basil leaves.
Tomato pasta sauce