For the dough see here.
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp balsamic cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the toppings you will need:
- 130gr. pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/2 leek cut in thin slices
- 4 prosciutto slices, shredded
- 4-5 figs, cut in wedges or rings
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- A handful arugula leaves
- Prepare the dough overnight, if not, minimum 2 hours before you start making the pizza.
- Preheat the oven at the maximum temperature for about 30 minutes (air and bottom heat).
- In a small pan, heat the sesame oil and add the leek. When soften, remove from heat and set aside on a plate.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing together the 3 ingredients: balsamic cream, honey and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Shape the pizza dough and add the sauce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the following order: The pecorino cheese, the leeks, the prosciutto slices, the fig wedges and the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle some cornstarch on the tray and place the pizza at the bottom of the oven. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Garnish with the arugula, sprinkle with some freshly ground pepper and serve.
Optional: Sprinkle with some ricotta or anthotyro cheese on top.
Figs and Prosciutto Pizza