For some people, making risotto is a challenge, but after a few not-quite-there attempts, you’ll make it, don’t stress. Now, level up, this recipe calls for a side project at the same time, but it’s so worth trying! Remember to keep some leek and pomegranate seeds aside for decoration. Enjoy.
Ingredients for two
- 150gr. arborio rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 175gr. white wine
- a handful of pine nuts
- a handful or pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 leek cut in thin strings
- sesame oil
- 2tbsp butter
- 50gr. grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 800gr. veg (or chicken for a non vegetarian version) broth
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pan over high heat.
- Add the onion, let it sizzle for a few minutes and add the rice. Stir frequently. Add the pine nuts and when they start getting golden, pour the wine and lower the heat.
- Add the broth in small ladles and stir frequently. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- In a small pan, heat up sesame oil and fry the leek until it gets golden-brown. Let it dry on paper towel.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, the leek and the parmesan and stir well.
Crispy leek risotto with pine nuts and pomegranate