A recipe for those -too lazy to move from the house weekends- so, prepare yourselves and your fridge and try this French toast recipe, as always, with a twist: the pepperoni version. Pepperoni – mozzarella stuffed French Toast it is, enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 80ml milk
- 2tsp parmesan cheese
- 4 bread slices
- 6tbsp pizza sauce, see here (or leftover pasta sauce)
- 150gr. mozzarella
- 6 big pepperoni slices (or enough to cover 2 bread slices)
- 2tbsp butter
- dried oregano
- black sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, parmesan cheese, oregano, black sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
- Trim the crust from the bread.
- Spread some tomato sauce on one side of each slice of bread.
- Cover one slice with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, add some more mozzarella and cover with another bread slice.
- Melt the butter (1tbsp for each toast) in a small non stick pan.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg-milk batter and carefully place it in the pan.
- Cook for about 4 minutes each side.