Breakfast raspberry pancakes – because pancakes are always on the weekend breakfast-brunch menu, along with eggs of course. Once you master the consistency of the basic pancake recipe you can add anything to it. Here, we tried them with some raspberry jam and fresh berries, but don’t hesitate, go crazy with the toppings. If you’re aiming for thick pancakes, don’t make the batter too runny, add more flour and yogurt and less quantity of liquids.
For an all vegan recipe swap the egg with one ripe banana – mashed and replace the milk and yogurt with soya milk, do try the vanilla flavoured one. If you’d like to reduce your daily sugar intake you can replace the jam with fresh mashed raspberries and the sugar with any other sweetener you use in baking.
Do we really need to mention the maple syrup? Drown those pancakes in it, it’s never enough.
Don’t skip the oven hack, you’ll love it. Keep your pancakes warm while making the rest, unless you’re the can’t-wait-type and eat them straight away – your call.
For extra fluffy pancakes, whip two egg whites -whip ’em vigorously- and fold them gently into the batter.
And if you want your pancakes to look as pretty, check out the amazing pans over at www.nordicware.com, find the snowflake pan here and check out the full collection here. We love everything Nordicware!
For more pancake-inspiration check the links below:
- Find your go-to basic pancake recipe here
- Blueberries VS Raspberries? Make both! Get the blueberry pancake recipe here
- 130gr. all purpose flour
- 110gr. milk
- 2tbsp greek style yogurt – optional
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp raspberry jam
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tbsp butter – optional
- 1,5tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven, air 100ºC.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt.
- Add the egg, melted butter, milk, raspberry jam and whisk.
- Grease a nonstick pan with butter on medium heat and spread a ladle of the pancake batter. Once golden on both sides, your pancake is ready.
- Line the pancakes on a baking paper in the oven to keep warm while making the rest of them.
Breakfast raspberry pancakes