- 30gr. butter, room temp.
- 170gr. sugar
- 3 tbsp self rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons
- 240gr. milk
- 1 lemon and icing sugar for garnish and dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C and heat water (about 1 lt.) in a boiler.
- Separate the eggs, zest and juice the lemons.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, beat in the egg yolks, add the zest, lemon juice, milk and then the flour. Keep beating while adding the ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg whites until they become foamy and white. Add them to the bigger bowl and stir (do not whisk).
- Use a 20×20 baking dish. Place it into a bigger one, add the batter into your dish, then add the boiling water into the bigger dish, transfer to the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and icing sugar.
yum yum yum! full of lemony goodness 🙂