Spice it up! This is a simple spicy burger recipe with guacamole and Smoked Red Jalapeños Tabasco. The burgers are pretty big, 230gr. each, so you may want to use a bit less for smaller ones. Of course any cheese can be used -because: cheese- but we do suggest you try a smoked one, here, we added a smoked gruyere and it was beyond good!
Ingredients for 2 burgers
- 400gr. freshly minced beef
- 2 burger buns
- 60gr. chorizo
- 2 slices of smoked gruyere
- guacamole, see here
- Baby greens
- mayo, any kind, I used a peri peri mayo
- Tabasco, I used the Smoked Red Jalapeño
- cayenne pepper
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Unwrap the chorizo and press it with a fork.
- Mix the chorizo with the ground beef and add the spices and the tabasco to taste.
- Form the patties.
- Mix the minced meet with the chorizo. Season with garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Don’t mix too much, just slightly combine all the ingredients together.
- Grill the patties on high heat for 8 minutes on each side.
- Cover each patty with a slice of cheese and cover with the lid to help it melt faster.
- Assembly your burgers.