for the dough see here.
for the filling
- 4 starking apples
- 115gr. butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 25gr. honey
- 110gr. brown sugar
- 60ml. water
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven, air 230°C.
- Melt the butter in a small pot, add the flour, honey, brown sugar and water and stir well. Bring to boil and lower to low heat (stir occasionally).
- Place the dough in the pan, trim excess from the rim. Fill with apples.
- Add the walnuts in the butter-sugar mixture and stir well.
- Add the mixture to the pan with the apples, leaving some for later (step 7).
- Roll the remaining dough again and cut in 1cm wide strips. Weave them together on top of the pie. Cut the remaining edges and press down with a fork.
- Brush on top with the remaining mixture.
- Bake on 230°C for 15 minutes, lower to 175°C and bake for another 40-45 minutes.
- Let it rest outside of the oven for 15 minutes, cut and serve.