- 3kg. tomatoes
- 120gr. olive oil (approx.)
- 1tsp salt
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them into big chunks and remove top and bottom. Put them in a big pot.
- Puree them with the mixer. Add the salt.
- Bring the sauce to boil over high heat. Lower to medium.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Fill up glass bottles straight away.
- Heat up the olive oil and add it on top of the sauce. You need 1cm. of olive oil on top of each one.
- Close the lids as tight as you can.
Note: If you want to extract the skin just fill up a pot with water and when it’s steaming hot add the tomatoes for 3-4 minutes. Let them cool down for a few minutes and start pealing the skin. If you want to extract the seeds, do it right after step 2. I don’t extract neither the skin nor the seeds.
Image size 6.5×6.5