- 150gr. arborio rice
- 150gr. strawberries
- 750gr. vegetable stock
- 175gr. (1 wine glass) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp (20gr.) celery
- 50gr. grated parmesan
- 2 shallots
- white pepper, salt
- Chop the shallots, celery and strawberries.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, add the shallots and the celery and sizzle till onion has softened.
- Add the rice and stir well for a few minutes.
- Add the wine and lower the heat to medium.
- When the alcohol evaporates, start adding the broth a ladle at a time. Stir occasionally . This should take 15-20 minutes.
- Add the strawberries and cook for about 4 minutes. Stirring is important.
- Add the parmesan, salt and pepper, cook for another minute and serve.
Did you mean shallots?
It’s strawberry season here in Afghanistan, so George and I made a variation of this…no risotto so we used brown rice…no parmesan so we used grana padano…and of course 😉 no wine. It’s a really inventive and yummy recipe 🙂
I hope you like it 🙂