- 150gr. arborio rice
- 2 shallots
- 175gr. dry white wine
- 2tbsp butter
- 2 pinches saffron
- 50gr. grated parmesan cheese
- 800gr. chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Cut the shallots with a food processor and add them to the butter. Sizzle till they get golden and soft.
- Add the rice and stir well for a few minutes.
- Add the wine, lower the heat to medium-high and stir until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the saffron.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and start adding the broth in ladles. Keep stirring often. This should take 15-20 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper and let it cook for another couple of minutes.
Saffron risotto (Risotto Milanese)