This cooking method gives you a very tender and juicy chicken as long as you follow the one important rule: to not open the lid at any time during the process! It is very important that you let the chicken cook in the steam and at the same time boil in water without releasing any of the steam that is trapped in the pan. The coleslaw salad gives a fresh texture to the burgers and matches perfectly with the cheddar cheese.
Ingredients makes 4 sliders
- 1 big chicken breast
- 4 brioche buns
- Coleslaw salad, see recipe here
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard
- BBQ rub
- Tabasco, I used the Chipotle flavour
- Rosemary, crushed
- Salt, Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Flatten the chicken breast with the back of a glass.
- Pat it dry with kitchen paper.
- Season to liking, rub some drops of Tabasco.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil, cook the chicken on both sides for about a minute, lower the heat to medium low and close the lid firmly. Cook for 10 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN THE LID.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Your chicken is cooked! In a large plate, shred it with two forks.
- Spread some ketchup and mustard on the bottom bun, add some coleslaw, chicken, cheddar and mayonnaise on the top bun.
Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders