Coleslaw salad comes in many variations, this is a simple and easy one. The yogurt gives it a light and healthy twist. Many recipes call for sugar which you can replace with honey or maple syrup, I used honey. The Tabasco gives an extra spiciness to the sweet-sour dressing. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 150gr. green cabbage
- 150gr. red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 quarter green apple
- 60gr. mayonnaise
- 60gr. Greek style yogurt
- 1tsp honey
- 1,5tsp white wine vinegar
- Tabasco, I used the Chipotle flavour
- salt and pepper
- Shred the cabbage.
- Cut the carrots in thin sticks.
- Cut the apple in thin slices or sticks.
- Combine the vegetable in a big bowl.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, vinegar, chives, tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Add it to the vegetable and mix well.
Creamy Coleslaw Salad