- 200gr. scallions
- 200gr. butter (I used fresh goat butter)
- 500ml. vegetable broth
- 100ml. white wine
- 2 tbsp cream milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1tbsp cumin
- 50gr. grated semi-hard cheese (I used pecorino)
- salt and pepper
for the croutons see here
- Cut the onions into thin rings.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, sizzle the onions and when softened, add the wine, then the broth,nutmeg, cumin, garlic and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. Add the cream milk, stir and remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with some croutons and grated cheese.