- 250ml. milk
- 250ml. heavy cream
- 25gr. sugar
- 1 tsp mastic powder
- 5gr. gelatine leaves
for the topping
- 80gr. honey
- 30ml. water
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- a handful pistachio
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water.
- In a medium sized pot, combine the milk, cream, sugar, mastic and bring to simmer over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Set the pot aside.
- Squeeze the gelatine leaves, add them to the pot and stir well to combine.
- Divide into 4 small glasses, let them cool down for a while and place them in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
For the topping:
- In a small pan, melt the butter and toast the pistachio for a few minutes.
- Add the honey, water and cream and stir well.
- Garnish the panna cotta while the syrup is still warm.
Mastic Panna Cotta with pistachio-honey syrup