So what’s the secret to the creamiest pasta carbonara? Definitely not heavy cream. The original recipe calls for eggs, cheese and freshly grated pepper and that’s all you need. Just add some of the boiling pasta water to your sauce and you got it! And don’t forget: Cheese – cheese – and more cheese.
Ingredients (for two)
- 250gr. pasta
- 2 egg yolk and 1 whole egg
- 70gr. pancetta bacon
- 1tbsp butter (optional)
- 50gr. grated parmesan (or pecorino) and more for serving
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the pancetta in thin stripes.
- Melt the butter or just fry the bacon till it starts getting brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Cooke the pasta according to instructions.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the eggs, yolk and whole egg, pancetta with the melted fat, parmesan, pepper and add 3-4 tbsp of the pasta water. Your mixture should be just about runny.
- Pour it to the pasta and mix well to combine.
- Serve with more cheese and pepper.
Creamy Pasta Carbonara