Nutella swirls or rolls are very easy to make, perfect for the morning coffee or the afternoon chocolate cravings. Try adding some tahini on top of the Nutella, makes a great combination with chocolate. As I avoid buying milk, I made the dough with greek style yogurt, but you can replace it with milk. If you do so, you might need to add a little bit more flour if the dough is sticky.
for the dough
- 300gr. flour
- 70gr. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 120gr. greek style yogurt
- dry yeast
- 100gr. warm water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
for the filling
- Tahini (optional)
- Dark chocolate drops
- Preheat the oven, air 180ºC.
- Pour the water and the yeast in a small bowl and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Combine the flour, egg, butter, yeast and vanilla in the mixer and mix well.
- Add some more flour and form a round dough. Cover it with clingfilm and a kitchen towel in a large bowl and let it rise for 1 to 1,5 hours.
- Roll οθτ the dough with a rolling pin into a long shape.
- Spread Nutella and tahini evenly on the dough and sprinkle with some chocolate chips.
- Roll it back and cut into small pieces
- Butter a muffin tray, place your rolls and bake for 15 minutes.