- 150gr. arborio rice
- 1 chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 2 shallots (or 1 medium onion), chopped
- 175gr. white wine
- 2tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp arugula pesto, see here
- 50gr. grated parmesan cheese
- 800gr. chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pan under medium heat.
- Add the chicken, cook for 5 minutes, add the shallots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in one tablespoon of pesto, pour the wine, lower the heat and wait till the alcohol evaporates (about 5 minutes).
- Start adding the broth in ladles. Stir often and when the liquids are absorbed, add more broth. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining pesto and the grated parmesan, stir well and serve.