This is a colourful and fun variation of the famous Italian classic salad. Do try it with the deliciously sweet black cherry tomatoes.
For 10 sticks you will need:
- 10 wooden sticks
- 10 mini mozzarella balls
- 10 cherry tomatoes (I used black, orange and yellow heirloom cherry tomatoes)
- 20 small basil leaves
- pesto, see here and here
- balsamic cream vinegar
- Wash the basil leaves and let them dry on a kitchen towel.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Carefully thread the ingredients onto the sticks in the following order: one tomato half, one basil leaf, one mozzarella ball, one basil leaf and the other tomato half.
- Serve with pesto and balsamic cream.