- 4 tbsp carolina / arborio rice
- 240gr. water (1 glass)
- 1lt. milk
- 5tbsp corn flour
- 5tbsp sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract or half vanilla pod
- Warm up the water in a large pot and add the rice. Heat medium – high.
- Mix the corn flour with some cold milk in a mug and stir well till combined.
- When the water is absorbed, add the corn flour mix, the remaining milk, sugar and vanilla. Lower the heat to medium.
- Stir occasionally as it gets thicker and remove from heat before it starts to boil.
- Pour into bowls, let cool down and garnish with some cinnamon. Eat warm or cold. Preserve in the refrigerator.
Rice pudding (greek: ryzogalo)
this sounds wonderful. i love rice pudding!
Rice pudding has got to be one of my top comfort foods in the Winter time. I didn’t get around to making any this winter as my family doesn’t feel the same way about rice pudding as I do. And seeing as it still feels like Winter here in Montreal, I think I just might have to try this out and hope it’ll comfort me through this awful weather!!
I’m hoping this recipe will change their mind about rice pudding, let me know how you find it too! Surely is a wintery dessert, a bit late for that here in Greece, as spring has arrived in full force…but still, it’s a rather guilt-free dessert recipe so i thought, why not? This is my mother’s way of making it, always reminds me of happy family moments!