A creamy sweet and savoury soup, perfect for the cold winter days. Comfort food at it’s finest! For our vegetarian friends, just skip the bacon step and enjoy!
- 400gr. pre-cooked chestnuts
- 150gr. pumpkin puree
- 1 large potato, cut in pieces
- 1 leek, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cut in small strips
- 1lt. chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- Cream milk (for serving)
- thyme, salt and pepper
- In a large pot, melt the butter under medium heat.
- Stir in the leek, toss and sizzle till it softens.
- Add the potato, pumpkin puree, chestnuts and 700ml. of the broth (reserve the remaining for later). Season with fresh thyme, salt and pepper. When it starts boiling, reduce heat to medium low, cover with the lid and cook for about 40 minutes, till potatoes are soft.
- In a small pan, fry the bacon strips till they turn crispy. Transfer on kitchen paper and let them dry.
- Transfer the soup in a food processor and puree.
- Pour the soup back to the pot and add the remaining broth gradually (depending on how thick the soup is).
- Serve with a tablespoon of cream milk and garnish with the bacon.
Chestnut pumpkin soup