Blueberry Banana Bread
Once you master the art of making a banana bread – quite easy, no special skills required – you can experiment with many different ingredients based on your taste and some times, on whatever can be found in your pantry – fridge. For me it was blueberry…because blueberry jam is great on everything, right?
The jam is a bit heavy as an ingredient which causes your cake to lose volume when it cools down. No worries, it’s still full on flavour!
Ingredients (makes one loaf)
- 200gr. self raising flour
- 60gr. butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp greek style yogurt or 120ml. milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3tbsp blueberry jam
- Berry powder – optional
- Preheat the oven, 170°C.
- Mash the bananas.
- In a stand-mixer, beat the butter well, add the mashed bananas and after 2-3 minutes add the eggs, one at a time.
- While beating, add the flour in big batches. If you have berry powder, add it now.
- Pour the cake in your cake form and swirl in the blueberry jam.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before removing it from the baking form.