Watermelon Feta Cubes – A salty sweet appetiser perfect for those hot summer afternoons. Healthy, low calorie and packed with vitamins, this bite size appetiserAdd some mint or basil leaves for extra flavour and drizzle with balsamic vinegar cream.
In order to avoid dealing with the seeds and basically wasting most of the centre of the fruit, get a seedless small sized watermelon. Cut it in half, slice it, cut it in cubes and let the cubes dry for a while on kitchen paper. Pat dry the feta with some kitchen paper and cut it in cubes, same size as the watermelon. Grab your skewers and start pinching!
This is a favourite summer appetiser or even dessert, best served cold so once you prepare it, let it rest for at least one hour in the fridge. Add the balsamic cream just before serving so that the dish doesn’t get too messy.
You can always turn this vegetarian dish into vegan by replacing the feta cheese with tofu, just season the tofu with salt, pepper and paprika to taste and cut into cubes.
If you’re looking for more recipes based on those two ingredients, feta and watermelon, check out this watermelon salad recipe – a flavourful refreshing summer meal that will impress you and your guests and have you craving for more!
- Feta cheese
- Balsamic cream
- Mint leaves – optional
- Cut the watermelon in half, then slice it and cut it into cubes.
- Pat dry the feta cheese with some kitchen paper and cut it into cubes. Try to make them roughly the same size as the watermelon cubes.
- Let both dry on kitchen paper.
- Pick one of each or more and stick them through a toothpick.
- Best served cold, so refrigerate for about an hour.
- Garnish with balsamic cream and some mint leaves right before serving.
Watermelon feta cubes