Traditionally beef patties consist tomato, onion, bread crumbs and egg, but now the trend in burgers calls for just plain minced beef and seasonings. So now, it’s all about getting good quality meet with a high percentage of fat, about 30%, as it adds juiciness to your burger. Based on that here is a simple burger recipe with a twist: crispy bacon flakes added to the patties for extra flavour, truffle gouda cheese and wasabi mayo, the ultimate umami bacon burger. Enjoy.
- 900gr. freshly minced beef
- 6 burger buns
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- Truffle flavoured gouda or any kind of soft cheese, grated
- Baby greens
- wasabi mayo or plain mayo
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- Grill the bacon slices till crispy.
- Lt them cool down and then crush with your hands.
- Mix the minced meet with the bacon. Season with garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Don’t mix too much, just slightly combine all the ingredients together.
- Grill the patties on medium – high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a non stick small pan, cover the onions and brown sugar with water and bring to boil. Lower the heat and stir well until the onions caramelise.
- Assembly your burgers.