- 150gr. honey
- 80gr. brown sugar
- 50gr. unsalted butter
- 250gr. flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 150gr. chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons mixed spices: cinnamon, cloves, ginger, cardamon, white pepper.
- A pinch of salt
- Coloured icing
- Put the honey, sugar and butter in a small pot and and warm them over low heat until the sugar melts.
- Place the mix in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Preheat the oven, air 160°C.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, egg yolk, walnuts, spices, salt and mixture. Knead well.
- Place the dough on a floured counter and flour the top of the dough as well.
- Flatten with rolling pin, 1 cm thick.
- Shape your cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking paper covered tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let them cool down for a few minutes and decorate with the icing.
Gingerbread cookies (Lebkuchen remix)