for the cakes
- 250gr. self-rising flour
- 125gr. butter, room temp.
- 120ml. milk
- 200gr. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tsp red food colouring paste
for the frosting
- 200gr. butter
- 300gr. cream cheese
- 75gr. icing sugar, sifted
- ¾tsp vanilla extract or 1/3 vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven, air 170 °C.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the milk and the food colouring.
- Add the flour gradually.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full and bake for 18–20 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center of a cupcake. If it comes out clean, your cupcakes are ready.
- Wait til they cool down before decorating with the frosting.
- Mix the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl
- Add the vanilla (extract or seeds).
- Add the icing sugar gradually.