Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300gr. lentils
- 1 onion
- 4tbsp tomato sause
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 laurel leaves
- salt, pepper, oregano
- White vinegar
- Feta cheese
- For the croutons see here.
- Cut the onion in small cubes (I use a food processor).
- Crumble the feta cheese with a fork.
- Place the lentils on a tray, go through them and remove dirt, pebbles etc.
- Put them in a big pot, cover them in water and cook on high heat until the water reaches boiling temp.
- Drain the lentils and let them rest in the drainer.
- Sizzle the onion in the olive oil over high heat and when it starts turning brown, lower the heat to medium and add the lentils, garlic, tomato, laurel leaves and seasonings. Add enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Close the lid and cook for about 20 minutes (till the lentils have softened), while stirring frequently and adding water if needed.
- Serve, add the feta cheese and vinegar to your liking.